Finally, The Government of Karnataka has decided to conduct the Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) for the year 2012 on 12th of February, 2012. PGCET is a Medical Entrance exam conducted to provide admissions in Post-graduate Medical Courses. It is to be held only in Bangalore in the view of Last year's Exam scam at Bellary Centre.
The entire examination process, from the question paper to the last step of packing the answer sheets will be covered by the CCTV, key answers would be made available only after the scanning of OMR sheets is performed completely. Based on the MDS courses offered in various Karnataka Colleges, there will be merit seats and Management seats available for the students. Candidates are admitted to such colleges based on their scores obtained in this entrance exam.
Below are some important details about PGET 2012 Examination :
Paper pattern :It consists of 200 objective type questions offered one mark each with timings of 3 hours.
Eligibility criteria :
- Candidates should have an degree in BDS from any college within Karnataka recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- In case the colleges are outside Karnataka, then candidates will be eligible only if they are of Karnataka origin.
Application Procedure :
- Applicants can apply online by visiting the website .
- The applications should be submitted to the registrar of RGUHS, accompanied with a DD as registration fee and two extra photos.
- The forms can also be submitted directly by the applicants or through post.
- Registration fee for SC / ST and Category I is : Rs.400/-
- For others it is : Rs.1500/-
Important dates :
- PGET Entrance Test for MDS will be conducted on : 12th February 2012.
- Application forms will be available from 4th Week of November, 2011.
- Last date to receive application forms by post : 3rd Week of November, 2011.
- Last date to receive application form from person : Last week of November, 2011.