The National Institute Of Technology Calicut (NITC) recently, has been facing a highest salary packages in the Placements conducted since 2010. The reports say that Amazon.com recruited two computer science students offering an whopping annual pay of Rs.16 lakh. Last year one of the student of NITC was bagged a highest salary package of Rs.12 Lakh. As Per the record it shows that the highest package in 2007-08 was Rs.11.5 lakh, it was Rs.9 Lakh in 2006-07 and Rs.6lakh in 2004-05.
The different packages for different courses previously were are as follows :
- While computer science students bagged an average annual pay of Rs. 6.1 lakh in the current year.
- The electrical students got Rs.6.6 lakh
- Mechanical students Rs.5.8 lakh
- Chemical engineering student Rs.5.95 lakh
- Production engineering students Rs.4.4 lakh
- Civil engineering students Rs.4.1 lakh
- Electronics students Rs.4.5 lakh.
- More than 90 per cent of the computer science students at NITC have already been placed this year. This shows that the demand in IT core sector is steady and high.
Effectively, the bright students have been performing Electronics And Communication at NITC. But compared to the record it is the Computer Science students with high salary packages. The one reason behind this backwardness of the Electronics and Communication students is that the semiconductor industry is yet to pick up in the country. This contradiction applies to all other NIT's as well. It is just Rs.8-9 lakh bagged for an ECE student, whereas a Computer student is bagged with a pay upto 20 lakh.
However, the average annual salaries of IIT graduates registered has registered a drop of 5 percent to Rs. 588,000 during 2009, while the average salary of NIT graduates improved 6% to Rs.436000 annually. Hoping a bright future to all NITC students, it is still on progress to hire more students.