The FIMA (Florida International Montessori Alliance) Teacher Training Centre is now open in Bangalore. The Montessori method of education was first founded by the Italian Physician and educator Dr.Maria Montessori. This education is now practiced in an estimated 20,000 schools worldwide, serving children from birth to eighteen years of age.
A major initiative of FIMA focuses on producing quality Montessori trained professionals and cater to the need of every childhood development program, for children around the world. The Florida International Montessori centre is now located strategically at Indiranagar, and focuses on providing authentic Montessori training with a sound practical base to women wanting to excel in the field of Early Childhood Education.
The goal of FIMA is to educate the adult in :
- Cultivating the child's natural desire to learn
- Developing the child's own unique potential and also
- Guiding the child to become a confident, compassionate and productive individual in society.
The major initiative of IFMA focuses on producing quality Montessori trained professionals to cater the need of every childhood development program, for children around the world. The Montessori can be helpful in many ways.
Some of its advantages are as listed below :
- Curriculum comprising of Methodologies and techniques compiled by experts from the US.
- Empowers the students with the spirit of Montessori philosophy and principles.
- Prepares individuals for jobs and qualified Montessorians.
- Develops a through understanding of the 5 core practical areas of Montessori teaching.
- Guarantees placements on successful completion in reputed schools in Bangalore.
- Fully Equipped Montessori Lab with Special lectures from Pioneers of Montessoti Education
- Features an Internship to the United States for Practicum.
About Course : FIMA offers the Pre-Primary Montessori certification program as well as the Primary Montessori Certification Program. The Pre-Primary certification course allows individuals to apply for teaching positions for the age groups of 3 to 6 years of age. Its an in-house training in the Montessori Lab and 200 hrs of practicum at an affiliate Montessori Pre-school.
Duration of Program : 10 Months with 300 hrs.
Eligibility Criteria :
- No candidate shall be admitted without adequate skills in English, having attained the age of at-least 18 years. and
- The Candidate must posses good communication skills, physical health and basic intellectual capacity to satisfactorily complete all program requirements to function as an effective Montessori Teacher.
Certification : At the end of the session all students will have to appear for an International examination, both theory and practical. On a successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a certificate of Montessori training which is recognized in the USA and World wide.
You can now get Registered for the program. Registration is open for the session 2012-13.
Contact Details :
Florida Montessori Centre
#842/H/2, so Feet Road,
Indiranagar, Near Sapna Book House,