Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mersa invites application for Full time and Part time Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes commencing in the session July 2012.
The Departments offering Ph.D programmes are:
Architecture, Applied Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Applied Mechanics, Applied Physics, Bio-Medical Instrumentation, Bio-Technology, Centre of Excellence in Climatology, Chemical & Polymer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Environmental Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry.
- Candidates should have a Master's degree in relevant discipline with 60% (55% for SC/ST) of marks from a recognised university.
- Applicants with B.Tech /B.E./B.Sc. Engg./B.Arch./B.Pharm./M.B.B.S. having a minimum of 70% marks at Graduation level for General candidates (65% in case of Full-Time Sponsored candidates with a minimum of three years professional experience, and 55% for SC/ST candidates) may also apply.
Candidates will be selected based on Entrance test score, previous academic record and interview conducted by the institute.
How to apply:
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of Birla Institute of Technology.
- The filled application form along with demand draft of Rs. 2,500/- (Rs. 1,200/- for SC/ST) in favor of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi in a stout A4 size envelope by Speedpost or Registered Post to the below address, positively by the due date. Write "Application for Ph.D. 2012 on the envelope". Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
List of the enclosures to be submitted along Application From:
Candidates must attach two recent colour passport size photographs, identical to that affixed in the application form. These should be attached by a paper clip. Candidates must enclose photocopies of the following documents with the duly completed Application Form:
- Pass certificate of Class 10 and Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Certificate and Marksheets of Graduation
- Certificate and marksheets of Post Graduation
- College Leaving Certificate and Migration Certificate
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) they acquired such qualifications as working professionals / while in employment, (b) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-UGC-AICTE or MHRD, (c) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks as given in eligibility criteria. They must enclose photocopies of (i) work experience certificate (ii) pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application.
- CSIR-NET / BRNS/ NBHM/ GATE / GPAT 2012 admit card and Score card (if applicable)
- Caste certificate / special category certificate (if applicable) in proper format (see below)
- Sponsorship letter, NOC, Experience Certificate and Facilities available to carry out the research work at their place of working (if applicable) for Sponsored / Part-Time candidates
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
- Two self-addressed slips with phone number (see last page of application form)
Last date for the submission of application form on: July 30, 2012.
Entrance Test will be held on: Aug 17, 2012 at 9 AM to 1 PM.
Admission & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mersa, Ranchi - 835215.
Tel,: 0651 - 2275444.