Board of Examination for Seafarers Trust (BEST), Navi Mumbai has been authorized to conducting Common Entrance Test (CET 2012) for General Purpose (GP) Rating pre-sea training course January 2013 entry batch at 34 training institutes across India.
Written paper will consist three parts - English, Maths and Science as detailed below; Candidate is expected to get above 40% marks in each part. Medium of the test is English, Duration - 1 Hour 30 Minutes.
Section 1: English (Comprehension, Grammar, Composition and Vocabulary).
Section 2: Science (Physics & Chemistry).
Section 3: Mathematics (Arithmetic. Algebra, Geometry, Simple Trigonometry).
Oral Test - English (Reading short passages from 10th standard English prose, and simple questions and answer)
Physical Endurance Test: (Read details in application form).
There will be no verification of marks or revaluation of answer paper of the CET. The merit at the CET would be valid for admission for the particular batch and will not be carried forward to the next entry batch.
- Candidates should have passed 10 standard with 40% of marks from Govt. recognised board with Science, English & Maths as subjects.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or Diploma/ Degree or ITI with 50% of marks from a recognised institution or University. For more details please click here.
How To Apply:
- Application from can be downloaded from the official website of Board of Examination for Seafarers Trust.
- The filled application along with DD of Rs. 800/- (Rs. 400/- for SC/ST) drawn in favor of "BES Trust - Examination Fees A/c", payable at Mumbai from any nationalized bank and should be submitted to the below address.
- CET 2012 online application form are also available, Click here.
Last date for the submission of application from is Aug 31, 2012.
Last date for the submission of application from with late Fee of Rs. 100/- is Sept 15, 2012.
CET 2012 Written exam will be held on Oct 07, 2012 at 10.00 AM to 11.30 PM.
CET - Board of Examinations for Seafarers Trust,
403/404 Great Eastern Galleria, Plot 20,
Sector 4, Nerul (W), Navi Mumbai - 400706.
Tel,: 022 - 65861441 / 42.