The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi recently announced the conducting new Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) from 2013.
The students have to take the new Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for admissions in to IITs, NITs, IIITs, Deemed Universities and other central funded technical institutions from April and June 2013. The Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted in two parts, JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.
The revised JEE 2013 pattern is as follows:
- Name of the examination shall be Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
- JEE Shall be held in two parts, JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- All candidates should take JEE (Main). JEE (Main) should be gate way for JEE (Advanced).
- Only the top 1.5 lakh candidates based on the performance in JEE (Main), will qualify to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination. Admission to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank in JEE (Advanced).
- For admission to NITs, Centrally funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IIITS etc and participating institutions, he merit/ rank list shall be prepared based on 40$ weightage to board exams marks in Class 12 and 60% of marks weightage to JEE (Main).
- In case any state opts to admit students in the engineering colleges affiliated to State universities and the state require separate merit list to be provided based on some other weightages for class 12/ equivalent examination & JEE (Main), then the merit list shall be prepared with such relative weightages as may be indicated by states.
- Those students who have appeared in the class 12 board examination / equivalent in 2012 and wish to improve upon their performances for the purpose of JEE (Main) / JEE (Advanced) will be required to appear in all subjects as per scheme again from their respective boards in 2013.
- The proposed changes shall be effective from the year 2013.
Pattern of JEE (Main):
|Course:||Papers:||Subjects:||Time Duration:||Mode:||Date of Exam:|
|B.E/B.Tech||Paper - 1||
Between April 08, 2013
April 25, 2013.
|Paper - 2||
Part I: Mathematics
Part II: Aptitude Test
Part III: Drawing Test
Paper 1: Objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics based on Common Core syllabus.
Paper 2: Objective type questions for Mathematics & Aptitude Test and question to test drawing aptitude for Drawing Test.